In accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) in Malaysia, please read this privacy notice (“Notice”) carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. This Notice applies to individuals who interact with Progressive Computer Systems Sdn. Bhd. (“PCSSB”, “We”, “Us”) as consumers (“you”). PCSSB values the relationship we have with our customers, and we are committed to responsible information handling practices. Your privacy on the Internet is important to us. Because we gather certain types of information to process orders, we want you to understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather, how we use it, and how to correct or change it.
What we collect?
- Identifiers, such as your name, telephone number, physical and/or email addresses, account username, and account password.
- Professional information, such as your occupation, industry, professional licenses, work experience and employment history, and other qualifications.
- Commercial information, such as details about your subscription plans, the offerings that you have purchased, used and/or expressed interest in, and events you have attended.
- Credit Card details.
- Bank Account number.
- Still images (online payment/ electronic transfer receipt)
- Any other information supplied by you that can indirectly or directly identify you, for us to carry out our contract with you.
- Information from computer/mobile device that you use to access our website, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, operating system type, and web browser type and version.
- Websites/communication usage information such as which links you click on, which pages or content you view, and other similar information which are automatically collected as you navigate through and interact with our website. We use automatic data collection technologies such as cookies to collect certain information about your actions and third-party web analytics from Google to help analyze where visitors go and what they do while visiting our website. We use this information to improve our shopping experience for our customers.
How does PCSSB use the information it collects about you?
We collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To validate your identity as necessary to perform our contract with you.
- To deliver services, products, and other offerings, including information such as insights and recommendations, as necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations. For example, we may analyze usage information for billing or discount purposes.
- To send you important information, such as about your account or purchases, within the scope of our contract with you.
- To send you information you requested to the extent necessary to perform our contract with you or, when not necessary to perform a contract, in furtherance of our legitimate interest, for example, in responding to customer inquiries.
- To maintain and improve the security of, and to troubleshoot any issues relating to, our offerings as necessary to perform our contract with you or, when not necessary to perform a contract, in furtherance of our legitimate interest in protecting our business.
- To send you learning content, tutorials, suggestions, newsletters, surveys, or other information, including information that may be relevant to your interests or preferences, in furtherance of our legitimate interest in improving your customer experience or, where needed, with consent.
- To send you promotional offers, advertising, or other marketing content in furtherance of our legitimate interest to engage in direct marketing or with consent as required by applicable law.
- For other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
Link to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Disclosure and/or transfer of Personal Data
Due to the nature of our business, we may need to disclose and/or transfer your personal data to third parties to be used and processed outside of Malaysia by our distributors and principals.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Opt-out of certain direct marketing communications.
- Opt-out of certain disclosures of your personal information to third parties.
- Opt-out of targeted advertising.
- Opt-out of profiling that may have legal or other significant effects on you (Please note that we do not engage in such profiling)
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Changes to our Privacy Notice